How to book
The booking process
Contact us (by phone, email or through our website. We are also happy to visit you at your school to discuss things in person if you feel this would be helpful).
Select what type of accommodation you prefer (from home stay to hotels and student-friendly youth hostels).
Select your preferred dates of travel (Groups travel all year round with stays between 3 days and 4 weeks).
Once dates have been agreed a provisional booking will be made and you will be issued with a unique booking reference. A booking pack will be sent out, including a detailed itinerary, student application forms and our Terms and Conditions.
Now you can start to recruit your students! We can provide posters, presentations, and/or attend information sessions for your students and parents.
Confirm your booking and leave the rest to us!
Important things to know
Our Safety Management Systems have been developed over the years by our experienced teams, combined with professional guidance. We constantly review and develop our procedures, ensuring the highest possible standards. We have conducted the necessary audits on transport and risk assessments for excursions and cultural visits and our knowledgeable Tour Managers are on hand to assist anyway they can when completing the necessary paperwork including Local Authority forms and Risk Assessments.
Ardmore Educational Travel operate a 24 hour emergency helpline which Group Leaders and students will have access to at all times. We have a dedicated Crisis Management Team available around the clock who, should the unfortunate happen, can deal specifically with accidents and emergencies.
Proud of our reputation in the industry and among schools across the UK, we are accredited members of a host of associations to ensure we are fully informed of all travel updates and are maintaining quality standards. We are assured members of the School Travel Forum (STF) a non-profit organisation of leading school tour operators that promotes good practice and safety in school travel and we work to exceed their standards. We also fully support the Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge initiative and hold the Quality Badge. We are also members of the Federation of International Youth Travel (FIYTO) and the British Educational Travel Association (BETA Association of Language Travel Organisations (ALTO).
It is important to travel with a recognised Tour Operator who provides financial security. Ardmore Educational travel are Assured Members of the regulatory body ABTA and also hold an ATOL license ensuring financial security and peace of mind.
Many of the flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. But ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed on this website. Please ask us to confirm what protection may apply to your booking.
If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then the booking will not be ATOL protected. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. Please see our booking conditions for information, or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to:
All our groups are automatically insured with Fogg Travel Insurance Services Ltd.
We are bonded by ABTA and also have an ATOL license for your financial protection. We are more than happy to provide quotations with and without flights.
Your tour may include a short channel crossing from Dover to Calais. However if you have a particular request to travel by another route e.g. Eurotunnel or Ferry from /to another port, please let us know and we can advise you on availability and any supplementary charges that may apply.
The coach companies that we use have been taking our groups abroad for many years. Executive coaches are used for all our destinations and provide lap belts. Double deckers may be available for larger groups and will be subject to availability.
Ardmore Educational Travel offers a selection of student friendly accommodation options to suit all budgets.
Hotel stays are normally on a bed and breakfast basis in a 2* hotel. Please make us aware of your preferences as we work with large hotel chains as well as with small privately owned hotels. Half Board and Full Board options are available in selected locations together with the option to upgrade to a 3* or 4* hotel.
Ardmore Educational Travel has developed relationships with a range of student friendly Youth Hostels and Residence style accommodation around the world. These have been carefully chosen for their suitability to accommodate our school groups. All rooms are functional and clean with en-suite or shared bathroom facilities. This type of accommodation offers a perfect solution if you require a more independent stay. Single, twin and multiple-bedded rooms are available in most locations.
Renowned for offering host family accommodation in Europe for over 30 years, we have built up an enviable reputation for the quality of our host families. We offer excellent locations; support from our head office in the UK and our partners at your chosen destination ensuring your home stay experience is a memorable one. Living with a host family is the ideal way to experience another culture. Your students and group leaders will be immersed in the language and the way of life, it’s the perfect way to build on the skills you as a teacher have already taught them. Our home stay centres are ideally located in the suburbs of largest cities allowing easy access to all the major sights and attractions. Students are usually accommodated in pairs or triples although we may be able to accommodate some students on their own. Students will all be accommodated in the same area and will receive half board accommodation (continental breakfast and evening meal with the family). Packed lunches can also be provided on request. Group leaders can also be accommodated with host families. Rest assured all host families are very keen on interacting with the students and helping them to develop their language skills.
IMPORTANT: Please read the Terms and Conditions in conjunction with the Safety Management System before you send us your signed Ardmore Educational Booking Form.
- WHEN MAKING A BOOKING: The Ardmore Educational Travel Ltd Booking Form, sent with our Booking Pack, must be completed, signed and returned with the appropriate deposit per person. At that time, you guarantee that you have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your party, the terms of these booking conditions. That form, in connection with these booking conditions, and on our part, the issue of our invoice, then forms your contract with us.
- DEPOSIT: A deposit of £100 per person should be sent as above for coach and ferry bookings, £150 per person for Eurotunnel/rail bookings and £250 per person for flights within the European Union are required. For Long Haul flights the deposit is dependent on flight costs. If deposits are not received, as required above, it may not be possible to maintain the price originally quoted to you as your package price is subject to availability. Flight/rail seats will only be booked on receipt of deposits. Once a deposit has been paid, any changes made by you to the programme will be subject to an administration charge of £25 per change (this includes but is not limited to student pairing changes, name changes, passport details, excursion requests, and meal requests). Air travel bookings are subject to a £20.00 per person booking fee.
PAYMENT of final balance: This must be received no later than 8 weeks before departure date. For groups, payment will only be accepted by cheque or BACS from the school’s bank account. Ardmore Educational Travel cannot accept individual payments for group members.
IMPORTANT – if payment is not received on the due date and the above conditions are not met, Ardmore Educational Travel Ltd reserves the right to cancel all arrangements and bookings and issue a cancellation invoice for any reasonable costs already incurred.
- TRANSFER OF DEPOSIT: Your deposit and other payments for a member of the group who subsequently cancels may be transferred to a replacement member at any time before the final balance is due – 8 weeks before departure. Where airline tickets have already been booked and issued this arrangement may not apply and may incur further charges.
- PRICES: We reserve the right to alter the prices of any of the tours shown in our brochure. You will be advised of the current price of the tour you wish to book before your contract is confirmed. The price of your tour will be calculated using current exchange rates quoted at market rate. Changes in transportation costs, including the cost of fuel, city permits, tolls, dues, taxes or fees chargeable for services such as landing taxes or embarkation or disembarkation fees at ports and airports, and exchange rates means that the price of your travel arrangements may change after you have booked. However there will be no change within 30 days of your departure. We will absorb and you will not be charged for any increase equivalent to 2% of the price of your travel arrangements which excludes insurance premiums and any amendment charges, you will be charged for any amount over and above that. If this means that you have to pay an increase of over 10% of the price of your travel arrangements, you will have the option of changing to another tour if we are able to offer one (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value) or cancelling and receiving a full refund of all monies paid, except for any amendment charges. Should you decide to cancel, you must do so within 14 days from the date on your final invoice. We will consider an appropriate refund of insurance premiums if you can show that you are unable to transfer or reuse your policy. Should the price of your trip go down due to the charges mentioned above, by more than 2% of your tour cost, then any refund will be due to you. However, please note that travel arrangements are not always purchased in local currency and some apparent changes have no impact on the price of your travel due to contractual and other protection in place.
5. CANCELLATION FEES: Where individuals, teachers, or the group as a whole cancels the following cancellation fees will apply:
a) More than 8 weeks before departure – Loss of deposit. Within 8-6 weeks of departure – 60% of tour cost – 6-4 weeks before departure – 80% of tour cost – Less than 4 weeks before departure –
100% of tour cost.
- The inclusive insurance policy may, in certain circumstances, cover valid cancellation charges. Additionally, Ardmore Educational Travel Ltd will, in certain cases of exceptional family difficulties, consider reviewing any charges levied.
- INSURANCE: As an Appointed Representative (AR) of Fogg Travel Insurance Services Limited, who with insurers Union Reiseversicherung AG (URV), are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) we are able to include insurance especially tailored for our tours. As insurance is inclusive of the tour cost all persons travelling on tours advertised in this brochure will be covered on payment of the tour cost (including deposit stage), unless they indicate to the contrary on their booking form and in all cases we require the details of the insurer and the policy number. If we cancel or make a major change and you accept a refund, we will consider an appropriate refund of your travel insurance premiums if you can show that you are unable to transfer or reuse your policy.
The Warranty: It is the insured persons promise to us that:
PRE-EXISTING HEALTH CONDITIONS
If you, or any other person on whom the travel plans depend (this includes persons travelling, and close relatives or close business associate not travelling but on whom the travel plans depend), has ever had treatment for any heart or circulatory condition, a stroke or high blood pressure, any breathing condition (including asthma), any type of cancer, any type of diabetes, any existing injury or other serious or re-occurring medical condition, any condition requiring long term prescribed medication or if you are receiving or awaiting investigation for any medical condition you must the Referral Helpline as per the policy terms to see if additional cover is available.
This includes any new condition or change in health or ongoing medication arising between the date of issue of this cover, and the date of travel for any age or destination.
Insurers reserve the right to impose terms. You will receive confirmation in writing of their decision.
The Policy is only available to persons normally resident in the United Kingdom.
If you are travelling as part of a school party you need only contact the Referral Helpline if you are 19 and over travelling anywhere or under 19 in full time education travelling Worldwide.
Persons under 19 travelling as part of a school party do not need to make a declaration if travelling in Europe (unless there is a change in health after booking but prior to travel when this age exemption does not apply). All conditions for any other person on whom the travel plans must be referred to the Referral Helpline. In most cases, cover is provided at no extra cost. If special terms are necessary, these will be explained to you and confirmed in writing.
Policy Section Maximum benefit Excess
- Cancellation Up to £3,000 £25* Loss of deposit Up to £3,000 £20
Policy Section Maximum benefit Excess
- Delayed arrival Up to £100 Nil Delay abandonment Up to £3000 £25* Missed departure Up to £500 Nil
- Personal possessions Up to £1500 £25* Under 18 limit Up to £1,000 – Single article limit Up to £250 – Valuable limit Up to £250 – School property Up to £500 £50 Delayed possessions Up to £100Nil
- Personal money Up to £500 £15* Cash limit Up to £200 – Party leader Up to £1000 £50 Loss of travel documents Up to £250 £50
- Personal money Up to 500 25* Cash limit Up to 200 – Party leader Up to 1000 50 Loss of travel documents Up to 250 50
- Emergency medical expenses Up to 5,000,000 25* Up to 2,000 area 1 Hospital benefit Up to 500Nil
- Curtailment Up to 3000 25*
- Personal liability Up to £2,000,000 £25**
- Organiser’s liability Up to £5,000,000 £250
- Organiser’s expenses Up to £100 Nil
- Personal accident Up to £25,000 *** Nil
- Legal advice and expenses Up to £10,000 £250
* increased to £50 in respect of persons aged 18 and over
** increased to £250 in respect of rented property damage only
*** please see personal accident section for details of amount of payment
A full copy of the wording, plus Key Facts about the insurance is available from our web site www.ardmoreeducationaltravel.co.uk or on request from our office. As Group Leader please ensure that all members of your group are aware of the extent of the cover at the time of their booking and if it does not meet their needs alternative cover should be purchased immediately. A full copy of the policy wording will be sent to you additionally on booking. Cancellation of this insurance is allowed within 14 days of booking if the cover does not meet your need, but as this insurance is included within the tour cost no refund of premium will be given. As with most insurances, an insured is only covered for an event which occurs after the cover has been purchased. Please therefore carefully read the paragraph headed Pre-existing Health Conditions (there are exceptions to certain age groups).
- ALTERATIONS & AMENDMENTS: Ardmore Educational Travel Ltd reserves the right to make changes to your stay. In such cases you will be informed as soon as is practicable. Where a major change is involved, you will be given the choice of either accepting the alteration which will be of a comparable standard, if available, or rejecting it. If the latter applies, we will promptly refund all monies paid by you. If you wish to make changes to the itinerary there will be an administration fee of £25 per change (this includes but is not limited to student pairing changes, name changes, passport details, excursion requests, and meal requests). You will be liable to cover the charge of any cancellation fees that are incurred due to a change requested by you.
- Where a major change is notified after the date on which the final balance of payment is due, you will (provided the balance has been paid) be entitled to reasonable compensation on the basis of the scale below.
Period prior to departure Per Person
More than 14 days £5
14 days or less £10.
- There are complex arrangements involved in this type of educational tour and the large number of host families used, subsequently, some changes are necessary but generally are minor and not subject to compensation according to the above scale. A major change is considered to be a change in the timing of a departure or return journey by more than 12 hours from the original schedule or using families in a completely different geographical area.
- If war or terrorist activities, threatened or actual, civil unrest, closure or congestion of airports or ports, riot, cancellations or changes of scheduled airlines, industrial action, threatened or actual, natural disasters, adverse weather conditions, pestilence, quarantine controls or any other event outside the control of the company either delays, extends the tour, compels a change in the tour arrangements or forces the tour to be cancelled, the company cannot accept liability for any resulting in loss, damage or expense. Any refund from the company will be at its discretion, and is subject to the deduction of reasonable expenses. In any of the above circumstances, the compensation scheme will not be valid.
- CANCELLATION BY US: We reserve the right, in any circumstances, to cancel your educational tour, but would not do so after the date at which your balance payment becomes due and has been paid, unless compelled to do so as the result of force majeure or such events set out at paragraph 11 above. In such cases we would offer you a full refund or a comparable alternative educational tour. Thereafter, we shall be under no further liability.
- TOURS INVOLVING FLIGHTS: You will be advised of flight details once you have paid a deposit.
- ACTS & OMISSIONS: We accept full responsibility for ensuring that the arrangements made by us are in accordance with our brochure description. We wish to make it clear that in providing these arrangements, to a reasonable standard, we accept responsibility for the acts or any omissions on the part of Ardmore Educational Travel Ltd employees, their agents, subcontractors and suppliers.
- We will pay damages calculated in accordance with English legal principles in respect of the death, bodily injury or illness suffered by any member of the group during the educational tour and caused by a negligent act or omission on the part of an employee, agent, subcontractor, supplier or any other servants or agents thereof provided that there were acting within the scope of or in the course of their employment and on our business. The commitment has the following conditions attached:
- a) It does not apply to transport by sea or air to which the separate conditions of carriage apply.
- b) Claims must be notified to Ardmore Educational Travel Ltd in writing and within 28 days of the date of return from the educational tour.
- c) The claimant(s) agrees to assign to us their rights against a supplier or other person(s) relating to such a claim.
- d) The Claimant(s) agrees to give their full co-operation in the event that we or our insurers wish to enforce the rights assigned to us or to which we are subrogated.
- If the contract we have with you is not performed or is improperly performed as a result of failures attributable to a third party unconnected with the provision of the services, or as a result of failures due to unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised, or an event which we or our suppliers, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall, and you suffer an injury or other material loss, we will offer you such prompt assistance as is reasonable in the circumstances
- IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT – If you have a problem during your stay, please inform the relevant supplier (e.g. Local Organiser, hotel Manager) and Ardmore’s Head Office and we will immediately endeavor to put things right. If your complaint is not resolved locally, please follow this up within 28 days of your return home by emailing or writing to Ardmore Educational Travel head office, Hall Place, Berkshire College of Agriculture, Burchetts Green, Berkshire SL6 6QR, giving your booking reference and all other relevant information. Please keep your letter concise and to the point. It is strongly recommended that you communicate any complaint to the supplier of the services as well as to our representative without delay during your stay. If you fail to follow this procedure we will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint whilst you were in location/resort and this may affect your rights under this contract.
- ABTA: We are a Member of ABTA, membership number V5925. We are obliged to maintain a high standard of service to you by ABTA’s Code of Conduct. We can also offer you an arbitration scheme for the resolution of disputes arising out of this contract. The scheme is arranged by ABTA and administered independently. It is a simple and inexpensive method of arbitration on documents alone with restricted liability on you for costs. The upper limit on claims is £5,000 per person and £25,000 per booking form. The scheme doesn’t apply to claims which are solely in respect of physical injury or illness or their consequences. It can however deal with claims which include an element of minor injury or illness subject to a limit of £1,500 on the amount the arbitrator can award per person in respect of this element. Your request for arbitration must be received by ABTA within eighteen months of the date of return from holiday. For injury and illness claims, you can request the ABTA Mediation Procedure and we have the option to agree to mediation. Further information on the Code and ABTA’s assistance in resolving disputes can be found on www.abta.com.
- This contract is made on the terms of these booking conditions, which are governed by English Law, and the jurisdiction of the English Courts. You may however choose the law and jurisdiction of Scotland or Northern Ireland if you live there and wish to do so.
- PASSPORT, VISA AND IMMIGRATION REQUIREMENTS: Your specific passport, visa, and other immigration requirements are your responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates. Ardmore Educational Travel Ltd cannot accept any responsibility if you or any members of your party cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements.
- YOUR FINANCIAL PROTECTION: We provide full financial protection for our package holidays.
- For flight-based holidays this is through our Air Travel Organiser’s Licence number . When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive holiday from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong. We will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where we aren’t able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable). If we are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.
- When you buy a package holiday that doesn’t include a flight, protection is provided by way of a bond held by ABTA and an insurance policy with Arnold Fisher.
- This brochure does not constitute a contract. Ardmore Educational Travel reserves the right to change starting dates, programmes and prices at any times due to errors, omissions and circumstances beyond our control. In such cases, you will be informed as soon as possible.
- DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT: Please be assured that we have measures in place to protect the personal booking information held by us. This information will be passed on to the principal and to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements. The information may also be provided to public authorities such as customs or immigration if required by them, or as required by law. Certain information may also be passed on to security or credit checking companies. If you travel outside the European Economic Area, controls on data protection may not be as strong as the legal requirements in this country. We will only pass your information on to persons responsible for your travel arrangements. This applies to any sensitive information that you give us such as details of any disabilities or dietary/religious requirements. (If we cannot pass this information to the relevant suppliers, whether in the EEA or not, we will be unable to provide your booking. In making this booking, you consent to this information being passed on to the relevant persons.) Full details of our data protection policy are available upon request. For Foreign and Commonwealth Office advice, please visit Website: www.fco.gov.uk/knowbeforeyougo or telephone the ABTA Information Line on 09012015050 (calls charged at 50p per minute). In the event of travel delay, please contact Ardmore Educational Travel Head Office during office hours, or Ardmore Educational Travel Emergency Tel No. outside office hours. For general visa, passport & health information, please visit www.doh.gov.uk/traveladvice